Having an impeccable smile is something that a lot of people strive for. Most individuals consider straightening their teeth to enhance their appearance; however, crooked teeth may result in oral health issues.
At Holistic Smile Care in West Hollywood, we offer the best ways to straighten your teeth in 2021 and any other alignment problems. At West Hollywood Dentist, we will work with you on the best way to straighten your teeth.
Below are some of the options you may consider if you wish to straighten your teeth.
1. Metal Braces
Metal braces are made of quality stainless steel having rubber bands that connect the wires.
Your specialist in West Hollywood Dentist will attach the brackets to each of your teeth separately. The method is commonly applied to children, but with technological advancements, most adults choose metal braces as the best way to straighten their teeth.
Metal braces are related to a lot of benefits, this includes:
- Most orthodontists can afford metal braces
- Metal braces are not likely discolored
- Treatment is usually faster
- Have high durability
- They are the best way to straighten your teeth in a complicated case
Although metal braces have many benefits, there are some drawbacks too.
- They are generally noticeable
- Due to their size, metal braces are quite challenging to clean
- With them, you have to avoid certain foods
- They require regular orthodontist visits to tighten them
Mostly metal braces price depends on your residential area. Nevertheless, metal braces are affordable to most patients, costing between $3,000 and $7,000. Luckily, at Holistic Smile Care in West Hollywood, we provide a payment strategy to help our patients clear the bill.
2. Ceramic Braces
Ceramic braces differ a little bit from metal braces. Ceramic braces brackets look clear, just like your teeth. Ceramic braces are made from plastic, porcelain, or ceramic.
To offer more discretion, the bands used in connecting the braces are of similar color. Most people go for this alternative since they are not noticeable.
Ceramic braces benefits include:
- Effective as metal braces
- You can customize brackets color
- Ceramic braces are less noticeable
- More comfortable compared to metal braces
Following are some ceramic braces drawbacks.
- They can result to gum sensitivity
- More expensive compared to metal braces
- Ceramic brackets might stain due to their color
- Cleaning them might be quite challenging
- Their brackets might be bigger than those of metal braces
Ceramic braces cost is a bit higher compared to that one of metal braces. Their prices range between $4,000 and $8,000; however, this is not a fixed price. Ceramic braces cost mostly depends on the material you pick.
Invisible braces or Invisalign are removable, clear, and plastic molds used to straighten teeth.
An orthodontist in Holistic Dentist in West Hollywood will take the mold of your teeth and provide you with a set of trays to put on for the procedure. The plastic molds will exert some pressure to straighten the teeth.
The benefits of Invisalign includes:
- Patients have fewer orthodontist visits
- Nearly invisible
- They are removable; hence, brushing and flossing them is easier.
- More comfortable than conventional braces
- Require minimal maintenance
The Invisalign cons are as follows.
- Invisalign are not used to correct complex bite problems
- The patients have to wear the trays for about 22 hours daily
- Patients might have teeth discomfort
- Invisalign might be relatively expensive
Invisalign’s cost ranges from $3,000 to $7,000; however, the price depends on the amount of treatment you require. Since you can easily remove the Invisalign, the cost of treatment and its length depends on your dedication to straightening your teeth.
4. Lingual Braces
Lingual braces are crafted to fit on the lingual part of your teeth and hence invisible. Although not everyone can use lingual braces, they may fix the same misalignments that the metallic braces can correct.
Some of lingual braces pros are:
- Nearly invisible
- They can fix most bite issues
- Easy to customize
- With lingual braces, you can play wind instruments.
Following are some lingual braces drawbacks.
- Compared to metal braces, they are more expensive
- Not much comfortable
- Rarely offered in Orthodontic centers
- Cause a lisp
Lingual braces are the most costly teeth straightening method, which is because it has a delicate procedure. The cost is between $5,000 and $13,000, depending on where you reside and the time it will take.
If you are looking for the best ways to straighten your teeth in 2021, schedule an appointment with a Holistic Dentist in West Hollywood.