Invisalign is a specific type of orthodontic treatment available at your Los Angeles holistic dentist. Bruce Vafa DDS. often uses Invisalign to straighten and realign teeth without the need for traditional metal braces. For your treatment, you wear custom-made plastic aligners.
Your clear aligners shift your teeth into the correct positions. To make certain you receive the best possible results, you need to wear your aligners for 22 hours per day and care for them correctly. To ensure you clean and care for your aligners properly, we recommend using Invisalign cleaning crystals.
Benefits of Invisalign Cleaning Crystals
The crystals will clean your aligners effectively with no hassles and offer a wide range of important benefits including:
- You can sanitize your aligners for daily use
- If bacteria spreads throughout your mouth, your risk of gum disease increases. Cleaning crystals provide you with protection.
- Your aligners are invisible when clean. This means Invisalign offers subtlety you will not receive with braces. You can take advantage of this benefit with regular cleanings.
- Crystals prevent plaque development on your aligners.
- If you do not clean your aligners, the result is stains. Invisalign cleaning crystals ensure your aligners remain bright and transparent.
- Food particles can lodge in your retainers resulting in the spread of bacteria. Cleaning your aligners helps kill any bacteria trapped within the crevices.
- Crystals provide you with a dazzling smile while ensuring your teeth remain bright.
- You can prevent the buildup of bad breath and make certain your mouth smells clean and fresh.
Cleaning Crystal Steps
- Use lukewarm water for pre-rinsing your aligners and removing food debris.
- Use lukewarm water for filling your Invisalign cleaning cup. Make certain your aligners are completely submerged.
- Open your crystal packet and empty it into your cup.
- Put your aligners into your solution
- Soak your aligners for approximately 15 minutes prior to removing them.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse your aligners. Make certain no crystals are sticking to your aligners.
- Use a soft toothbrush for brushing your aligners. Rinse them under tap water to make certain all debris is removed.
- Use warm water for the final rinse.
- Dry your aligners by putting them in your case.
- You can now wear your aligners.
General Tips for Cleanliness
Your West Hollywood dentist recommends cleaning your Invisalign aligners twice every day, in the morning and once you remove them at night. This helps stop bacteria and germs from building up. Removing your Invisalign before you eat will help keep them clean.
The beverages and foods you enjoy can damage and stain your aligners. Particles of food can become stuck in your aligners just like they can in your teeth. As time passes, particles can be transferred to your teeth and gums resulting in plaque buildup.
If you do not remove this plaque, it will harden and turn into tartar. Having your teeth regularly cleaned by Bruce Vafa DDS. will help prevent you from developing gingivitis which often deteriorates gum health as time passes. You can help eliminate the hassle by simply taking out your trays when you are drinking or eating.
Your trays need to be placed in your case when you are not using them to keep them protected from both bacteria and damage. You should establish a routine for brushing your teeth for better oral care. This keeps your aligners and teeth bright and clean. Soaking your aligners is an effective way to keep them clean.
Soaking also offers protection from Candida, Staph, E. Coli and Strep. Aligners can be purchased through your Los Angeles holistic dentist in packs of two. One pack contains 50 crystals and the other holds your cleaning cup.