There is no denying that some people agonize over regular visits to the dentist. While this fear may be irrational or unwarranted in most cases, for some individuals who frequently neglect their oral hygiene, trips to the dentist could serve as a reckoning. Many people do not realize the importance of good dental health and hygiene as well as its impact on the body as a whole. With that in mind, here are five reasons why you should not avoid going to the dentist.
- Tooth Decay Can Result in Root Canal — When you routinely neglect your oral care, a variety of issues can arise, including plaque build-up, tartar, cavities, and gum disease, just to name a few. If these issues go unchecked, it can lead to tooth decay and a host of other issues. If this happens, a root canal may be necessary. A root canal is performed to treat the pulp of a tooth that has become infected, been damaged, or died.
- Tooth Loss Could Lead to Dental Implants — If you are in an accident or develop an advanced case of periodontal disease and suffer tooth loss, dental implants may be recommended or required. If this situation occurs, it is not only a painful predicament but a very costly one.
- Bad Breath Is Not Your Friend — If you fail to practice good oral hygiene, it will often result in bad breath or halitosis. This is not only avoidable but a potentially embarrassing situation that may find others around you steering clear of you.
- Gum Disease Results in More Tooth Loss — If you frequently neglect your oral health and fail to visit the dentist regularly, a serious health issue, such as gum disease, may arise, which can lead to additional tooth loss, the need for dental implants or dentures, and a myriad of other health complications.
- Good Oral Hygiene Can Save You Money — Regular dental cleanings and check-ups can not only safeguard your teeth and overall health, but it will likely save you a significant amount of money. The cost of dental care can be quite prohibitive, especially if you have serious dental problems or lack insurance coverage. The expense or lack of insurance can be a deterrent to visiting the dentist regularly. However, you should sacrifice your oral health and overall well-being by avoiding these regular visits.
Your dental professional is tasked with not only performing regular check-ups, but they are trained to screen for other potential health issues, such as oral cancer screenings, signs of periodontal disease, swelling of the glands, signs of inflammation or infection, abnormalities in the head, face, or neck, etc.
If you are looking for a top-rated dentist in West Hollywood or the surrounding areas, consider contacting West Hollywood Holistic & Cosmetic Dental Care for a free dental consultation. We can counsel you about insurance options, and we also offer financing as well as low monthly payments plans. At West Hollywood Holistic & Cosmetic Dental Care, we are here to help keep or transform your smile into a healthy and beautiful one.